I did one of these awhile ago. I will admit these can be rather trivial, silly and a bit sexist in certain aspects but sometimes a girl just has to set a few rules and expectations.
For most of my young adult, which hasn’t been that long yet I have been silly with the qualities I’m looking for in a man, until recently when I was like, “UGH I”M SICK OF ALL THIS!” (I will purpose the sexist cliché idea that I am bitter and on my period right now.”
(These are blunt, honest and I’m not sorry)
- No drugs. I’m over the pot smoking, ecstasy and lines of “nose candy” bullshit. You once smoked, fine I don’t care and understand I have a terrible addiction to Dr. Pepper and the TV Show Grey’s Anatomy. We will have our vices, but I’m over dealing with men that use substances to create art, to have fun or to basically get through the day.
- Drinking too much. Look I’m a fun gal, I get drunk, I enjoy it, shit I write everyday and sometimes a glass of wine is needed. But hearing someone is drinking everyday, three beers a day. I’m sorry but its a turn off. I don’t need to get drunk twice a week. Shit barley once a month to have the craving of, “I wanna get wasted.”
- Using the word “Ghetto.” I’m over it and done.
- Not supporting my right of choice. Look if you don’t believe in it, fine that’s your freedom but don’t expect to date me.
- Grammar correction. Over it. I get it you notice when people have spelling mistakes or grammar issues. You need to get a life and worry about your own language and the lack of quality within it.
- A man who enjoys cooking, because I’m going to blunt and honest. I don’t cook and I don’t have the patience for it. So it would be lovely to date a man who enjoys cooking.
- Has a car: for too long have a been the one in the relationship driving us everywhere
- Who will pay for dinner. Look I’ll buy too but for too long have I been the sole provider of meals. Over it.
- Dresses like their age.
- No racist, sexist, homophobic comments
- I hate “no homo”
- Calling another women a bitch, slut, the over million derogatory terms is not ok. If you think about other women like that then how should I expect you to picture me or women in my life.
- Saying things about me like, too fat, too thin. I’m tired of the too much or the not enough.
- If they are in love with an art form, oh gosh that be lovely. I haven’t date many artists. More the frat boys, the runners and a few choir boys.
- I love when someone has future goals and aspirations but whats more attractive is when someone actually achieves their dreams and goals. I’ve dated too many men that have spat on about “going back to school” “getting that place to live” blah blah blah Stop talking and go out and get what you want.
- I hate, I HATE when a guy asks me why all my poetry is so angry. Gosh that’s so rude.
- Have a passion and love it to pieces
- Don’t dislike the TV show Friends. Regardless if you’re a fan or not. It’s such a red flag when you have such a hate for it. What did the TV ever do to you? Oh that’s right you must not have a soul.
- Turn off #1 when a guy says, “I hate books.” I’m fine if you’re not a fan but if you can’t tell me one book you enjoyed reading, like Harry Potter even…then we have a problem!
- When men post pictures of naked women on their Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or anywhere! Ugh I hate it. Nasty.
- Not having a career
- Too much video game playing. I don’t mind the video game playing here and there but when that’s all you do…I’m sorry just not going to work for me.
- They have their own set of friends and spend time with them. I think of it as a red flag when a guy really just goes to work, home and well that’s it. They have no one else in their life.
- Talking down to me
- Acting like you are Gods gift to art, ugh I know a few of these boys in my workshops *yuck*
- When men use the phrase “ugh i hate academia” First of all if you’re using academia you are in academia. And whats wrong with the pursuit of education, but that’s going to be another post
- Don’t tell me you’re not good enough for me, because I’ll realize, “hmm you’re right…see yea!”
Ok this is all I could think of and I’m not as bitter not that I have had wine and ice cream but I’ll think of more!